Tank enjoyment

Fish man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can view mine several hours a day. It's in my office and I work from home. That wasn't always the case. When I first got it, without much thought, I put it in the first place I could find some empty wall space, that was in the dining room. After setting everything up, within a very short time I realized I normally spend about 2 hours a year in that room, one at thanksgiving and the other at christmas. After about 2 weeks I broke it all down and moved it to my office. That was probably one of the best reefing decisions I ever made. I've said this before on other threads but placement is one of the things I think is often overlooked when planning an aquarium and the reason many people lose interest after a short time. I adopted my tank from a friend who had it in a hallway in his basement. It wasn't practical to view and quickly became just something else to maintain.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need a couch to plant in front of the tank. I wish I could say I enjoy it. I find it to be rather stressful. But, that's my own fault. I think I enjoy the stress more than relaxation....
Rocks are like a painting for me. You know that person who always tries to find the right spot for the painting? Except I give up and let it be a pile of rocks. Until I get so irritated I rearrange them later.

UK softy bloke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to admit it but 2-5 hours per day. Got rid of the roommate and put a 20 gallon in her old room. I am laying on the floor staring at it right now.
You should get a stand then you could sit in a chair, much more comfortable .

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get a stand then you could sit in a chair, much more comfortable .
Not sure if joking. I have a stand and even a bed 3 fr away from the tank. However until I get a canopy the light spill is a little annoying so it’s easier to sit in a spot that obscures the light from view. I’ll make a open top hood one of these days.

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
23881952-F82C-4FA3-96DA-AC265F71EFA6.jpeg

I have the tank opposite the sofa so get to look at it a lot. Also, spend 30 mins a day just checking things over and doing some husbandry I.e. cleaning skimmer. Need to buy some camera filters to get a decent picture as coral bottom doesn’t look like this and my Fox is far greener, not reddish - to name but a few.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back