Tank for Stomatella Snails and Micro Brittle Starfish

Jhbard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand there care requirements to a point but I can't find any information on micro brittle starfish tank size it would be helpful if someone could tell me there minimum tank size I like to know if I can make a pico reef tank for them.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be fine. brittle stars are scavengers so not overfeeding might e more of an issue. Haven't paid much attention to stomatillo snails but there's a reason they move as fast as they do. you might try google scholar to find more info on thier diet.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd go with at least 3-5 gallons to make sure you have enough algae and biofilm for the snails to eat. The reason you're not finding a minimum tank size for micro brittles is twofold; one, people usually want them for existing aquariums rather than special setups, and two, they have no minimum tank size. If you can keep it clean enough while feeding them, and it has places for them to hide, it's big enough.

OP
OP
Jhbard

Jhbard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with at least 3-5 gallons to make sure you have enough algae and biofilm for the snails to eat. The reason you're not finding a minimum tank size for micro brittles is twofold; one, people usually want them for existing aquariums rather than special setups, and two, they have no minimum tank size. If you can keep it clean enough while feeding them, and it has places for them to hide, it's big enough.
Perfect I can probably keep them in my 2.5 gallon and as for the stomatella snails it's probably enough space I can supplement there diet or maybe try to find some way to increase the tanks biofilm.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back