Tank has cloudy water!

mikesilverado8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I do i’ve done water changes but it won’t clear up i’ve put clarity in the tank multiple times but still it won’t clear up i’m at the end of my rope I don’t know what to do

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you have sufficient mechanical filtration It’s most likely a bacterial bloom if that’s the case a UV system will rid your tank of it quickly..

Turbonut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 90 cube I had that issue as to where the water never seemed to got clear and if it did it was only for like a day or two and then right back to hazy water if not cloudy. I attribute this to starting the tank with dry rock and just being a new tank. I added a 57 watt uv to the system and you could see the difference by the next day and the day after that it has been clear and hasn’t been cloudy ever since. It’s just part of the tank balancing it self out. I believe had I started with actual live rock I wouldn’t had had this issue.

AZ_R33F

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you dose any alkalinity or any products before it occurred ?

Last edited:

Dennis McGrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UV was the main cure for mine, I also put in a micron filter pad alongside the filter sponge, and rinsed it twice a day until it was clear. The combo of both of those worked very quickly.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back