Tank Help needed!

Darkhorse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon fellow members..I've been having trouble getting my tanks up to the standard of success..Its been just a challenge to get it done.. please your assistance would be greatly accepted. Tried to add photos but dont know how...smh..All live rock is dead and the fish are fine..How can i get purple algae grow affectively..I have a sump on both and a protein skimmer on the 200gl. Thanks for your help in advance.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon fellow members..I've been having trouble getting my tanks up to the standard of success..Its been just a challenge to get it done.. please your assistance would be greatly accepted. Tried to add photos but dont know how...smh..All live rock is dead and the fish are fine..How can i get purple algae grow affectively..I have a sump on both and a protein skimmer on the 200gl. Thanks for your help in advance.
What are your water parameters? If coraline algae is what your referring to. Stable parameters are key. Unfortunately though it can be a bit finicky. Some tanks grow coraline like mad, and others (myself included) can't grow it to save their lives :) as long as your coral looks good I wouldn't be to concerned with coraline :)

OP
OP
Darkhorse

Darkhorse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your water parameters? If coraline algae is what your referring to. Stable parameters are key. Unfortunately though it can be a bit finicky. Some tanks grow coraline like mad, and others (myself included) can't grow it to save their lives :) as long as your coral looks good I wouldn't be to concerned with coraline :)
Keep corals for a few months then they die..but i dont understand the snails and fish are fine only the corals keep dying...smh

1WildBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you understand the nitrogen cycle? That’s where your water parameters come from, Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates and such.

OP
OP
Darkhorse

Darkhorse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you understand the nitrogen cycle? That’s where your water parameters come from, Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates and such.
I understand alittle but its just testing tbe water on a regular basis is the tough part. If its something like once a week i can do it..other than that its a challenege..The amount of money i spent during tbe last year on corals..There shouldnt be a reason i dont buy a good testing kit for my aquariums. whats a good kit to get ?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back