tank help

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m really having a hard time understanding so just doing some testing today my phosphates are reading zero my nitrates are at 14.7. both i’ve dealt with issues trying to get down mostly my phosphates. i’ve been dosing nopox for a while and threw in a new ball of chaeto yesterday. last time i tested was on the 31rst and my phosphates read 0.90. is it even possible for it to jump that low like that and bottom out or should i just re test again i didn’t want to just since i only have 2 more phosphate reagents. also my calcium shot up to 600 meanwhile my magnesium stayed at 1090, alkalinity also read 17dkh, and i can understand i started doing 3ml of reef for all again and that could be a culprit so ill stop and try and just dose magnesium.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always recheck any zero reading.

With 14 nitrates I’d guess your 0.09ppm reading would be correct, zero don’t make sense, if you have nitrate, you have phosphates.

MG almost impossible low at 1090ppm and CA also in the high range, what kits are these readings from?

Anything below 1160ppm would not be favorable and may result in Alk or CA test result variations.

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my phosphates are 0.90ppm almost at 1 not 0.09, unless the conversions i’m doing are wrong. for my test kits i have a hanna 9 in one so it is a solid tester i wonder if the container i put my water into might of been contaminated?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back