Tank help

MannyS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I hope that you are all well.
I wanted to get your views on my aquascape. I'm new to the hobby. I've used all dry rock at the moment. I will add some live rock to it at some point.

Will there be enough hiding spaces for fish. Im planning on having a mixed Reef with corals.
The rock that I've used is the aqua forest dry rock and some cermaric rock.

Also I've noticed what looks like a small chip on the bottom glass area should I be worried?

Tank is second hand 2 years old
Red Sea Reefer 625

This is my stock list
Clown Fish x 2
royal gramma
Purple Firefish
Coral beauty
Yellow tang
Purple tang
Orange shouldar tang (still thinking about it as they get really big )
What other fish could I add?

IMG_20220110_195004.jpg IMG_20220110_194957.jpg IMG_20220110_195022.jpg IMG_20220110_195014.jpg IMG_20220110_195020.jpg IMG_20220110_195027.jpg IMG_20220110_195045.jpg IMG_20220110_195015.jpg IMG_20220110_195041.jpg IMG_20220110_195029.jpg IMG_20220110_195032.jpg

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off welcome to R2R!!! Second that’s a beautiful aquascape and tank!

is the chip on the inside or outside? To me it looks like it’s between the two glass panels. If it’s in the inside of you have a good seal at the edges I think you will be ok provided the two below questions are answer yes. You can use tap water for the following for a leak test. Does it hold water? Does it hold water with all the pumps running?

OP
OP
MannyS

MannyS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off welcome to R2R!!! Second that’s a beautiful aquascape and tank!

is the chip on the inside or outside? To me it looks like it’s between the two glass panels. If it’s in the inside of you have a good seal at the edges I think you will be ok provided the two below questions are answer yes. You can use tap water for the following for a leak test. Does it hold water? Does it hold water with all the pumps running?
Thank You soo much
I'll have a closer look when I'm back from work. I've got some good aqaurim sealent. Do you reckon it's worth me just putting some on the edges on the inside? It's a clear sealant so don't think it can be seen once applied. I Haven't done a leak test. The water is going in this week. I'll do a test and see if it leaks. Can I use RO water instead of tap. I don't want to leach any contaminats from tap water on to my rock.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Da Reef!
Scape looks good…I would suggest getting some real LR from the gulf. I don’t know your situation but it just takes a little rinsing time/QT time just to get the Gulf’s smut off the LR and to make sure you don’t have a hitchhiker you don’t want. Not as scary as it sounds. But your tank will love you for it and I believe you will have less stages of the uglies. But Tank looks great!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Da Reef!
Scape looks good…I would suggest getting some real LR from the gulf. I don’t know your situation but it just takes a little rinsing time/QT time just to get the Gulf’s smut off the LR and to make sure you don’t have a hitchhiker you don’t want. Not as scary as it sounds. But your tank will love you for it and I believe you will have less stages of the uglies. But Tank looks great!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF
& I believe it will be easier on someone newer to Reefing. Real LR takes a lot of work off you dialing in what your tank ‘Reef’ needs. Many reefers are successful with dry rock and have amazing tanks. Just my opinion.

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can use RODI water. I was only mentioning the tap because I don’t use salt in my leak test as that is an extra expense. The good thing about using RODI is if no leaks you can just add salt to start your cycle.

OP
OP
MannyS

MannyS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can use RODI water. I was only mentioning the tap because I don’t use salt in my leak test as that is an extra expense. The good thing about using RODI is if no leaks you can just add salt to start your cycle.
Wicked I'll try that. I'm hoping that it's still ok. What can I do if its leaking? Will I be able to repair the chip somehow?
In using natural sea water. A company is going to come and fill up the tank on Friday haha. I've only just noticed the chip yesterday

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back