Tank inhabitant advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter seth16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seth16

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2016
Messages
60
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new to salt water aquariums and was curious as to what i should stock my 31 gallon tank with.
I have a cherub angle fish going on the for sure list but wasn't sure what others i could keep safley with it, wrasses, gobys, pseudochromis, ect. Any advice helps.
 
A cherub angel is even smaller than other Centropyge, so will be fine in a 30g. Though, dwarf angels can be territorial, so add them toward the end of stocking.

Other options include: yellow assessor, royal gramma, firefish, Wetmorella or pink streak wrasse, neon goby, watchman goby/pistol shrimp pr, stigmatura blenny.
 
A cherub angel is even smaller than other Centropyge, so will be fine in a 30g. Though, dwarf angels can be territorial, so add them toward the end of stocking.

Other options include: yellow assessor, royal gramma, firefish, Wetmorella or pink streak wrasse, neon goby, watchman goby/pistol shrimp pr, stigmatura blenny.
Great suggestions. I would add orchid dottyback (not purple dottyback they're aggressive) and I like flame and longnose hawkfish (pick one) but buy them small.
 
Ok im definitely going to add the cherub last, but like the idea of the wetmorella wrasses as well as the Royal gramma, thanks for the advice.
 
I know it's been done, but angels, even the small dwarf cherub, really like to swim. I think a lot of the failures with dwarf angels come from them being in too small of tanks. I know it's a small fish, but, they really do like a bit of space like a 4' tank. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new