Tank Location near Home Theater ( Will it stress out Cowfish?)

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to derail the thread! When I first hooked up the theater surround we were watching a movie pretty loud. One of the characters shot a gun and I heard the bullet whiz right by me. My wife then screamed 'cause she had our cat in her lap and it freaked when it heard the bullet, claws out and took off - right across her. Now I am required to keep the sound to a minimum.
Cheers! Mark

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a serious sound setup there to freak a cat. That's beyond Dolby Atmos with 250 wpc x 9 and thx reference sound levels with sub 18hz low frequencies, or sub 10hz.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

My $0.02

I have a longhorn Cowfish (Bessie) and I know they can and will grow to a foot in just over a year FYI.

As far as HT, I have a Red Sea nano (not the tank with Bessie!!!) and I actually have it directly on top of a JL Audio Fathom subwoofer........ So I think you’ll be fine.

E8174EC7-74A6-4793-98B2-1F4AD8E29A2F.jpeg

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a serious sound setup there to freak a cat. That's beyond Dolby Atmos with 250 wpc x 9 and thx reference sound levels with sub 18hz low frequencies, or sub 10hz.
I dont understand a word you said, it is like you are speaking a foreign language.
Cheers! Mark

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the Onkyo, depends on the infinity. Onkyo Integra, minus the HDMI board issues, was a good receiver. Infinity kappa perfect were not half bad. Not like the 90's infinity but decent. Better than Bose ever made, better than an a sound bar.

I'm lazy. Watch lots of tv/movies. Watch my fish. Play with my 3 cats and dog. Work a tough blue collar job 50+ a week. A good semi theater experience without the people or crowded theater is worth $$$ to me and my long term sanity. Especially since mine sounds better than a standard theater. Thx reference power, with thx reference speakers really makes a huge dent in eclipsing a theater. Although my mains are no longer thx, M&K thx are touchy and hard to replace, hence old school def tech.
Not an integra and not 90’s infinity, but I’m in the same boat. It sounds great to my blown out ears, the bass rumbles, mids and highs are there enough, and the 120” projector screen makes going to the theater a non starter for me. It’s made family movie nights much nicer.

Terry Mattson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank mates are
2x clowns
11 lyretail anthias
2x yellow tangs
Desjardini tang
Hippo tang
Powder blue tang
Tomini tang
Diamond goby
2x zebra dartfish
Royal gramma
Orchid dottyback
Flame angel
Niger trigger
Copperband butterfly.

Cowfish was one of the first fish in the tank. No issues between the cowfish and any other fish.
What size tank u have?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back