Tank Options - Finalized

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just signed a lease and verified my apartments maximum tank size permitted. The maximum size they allow is 55 gallons. I also verified a while back that my renters insurance provider would cover tank leaks or any water damage for that matter.

At this tank size, is the benefit of a sump vs AIO worth the cost difference? I’m looking at the Waterbox Marine X 60.2 for a sump option. Otherwise I’d probably go with the new Waterbox Peninsula AIO 50 gallon or AIO 35.2 depending on where I would place the AIO tank. That largely depends on where I’d put the tank in the living room.

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just signed a lease and verified my apartments maximum tank size permitted. The maximum size they allow is 55 gallons. I also verified a while back that my renters insurance provider would cover tank leaks or any water damage for that matter.

At this tank size, is the benefit of a sump vs AIO worth the cost difference? I’m looking at the Waterbox Marine X 60.2 for a sump option. Otherwise I’d probably go with the new Waterbox Peninsula AIO 50 gallon or AIO 35.2 depending on where I would place the AIO tank. That largely depends on where I’d put the tank in the living room.
Go with the sump and never look back!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back