Tank Options - Finalized

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just signed a lease and verified my apartments maximum tank size permitted. The maximum size they allow is 55 gallons. I also verified a while back that my renters insurance provider would cover tank leaks or any water damage for that matter.

At this tank size, is the benefit of a sump vs AIO worth the cost difference? I’m looking at the Waterbox Marine X 60.2 for a sump option. Otherwise I’d probably go with the new Waterbox Peninsula AIO 50 gallon or AIO 35.2 depending on where I would place the AIO tank. That largely depends on where I’d put the tank in the living room.

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just signed a lease and verified my apartments maximum tank size permitted. The maximum size they allow is 55 gallons. I also verified a while back that my renters insurance provider would cover tank leaks or any water damage for that matter.

At this tank size, is the benefit of a sump vs AIO worth the cost difference? I’m looking at the Waterbox Marine X 60.2 for a sump option. Otherwise I’d probably go with the new Waterbox Peninsula AIO 50 gallon or AIO 35.2 depending on where I would place the AIO tank. That largely depends on where I’d put the tank in the living room.
Go with the sump and never look back!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back