Tank overall look.

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, here is a short video clip from a dang old phone :) it's acting up a bit, I just want to show the overall look of my tiny system.
The residence are 2x fire shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 3x small BTA (the smallest one is in top corner and it's in pink and green color (When I first got it, it's probably bleached and only have pink color, green showing up a bout a week ago), 1x Green Haddoni on sand bed, 1x recently ID'ed Gigantea.
Future planning to add Torch Coral and some mushroom on the left rock wall.

Enjoy and thanks for watching, any tips, advises, comments are welcome!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, very natural looking tank. I like it a lot. Have you considered some tall corals? Like gorgonians?

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, very natural looking tank. I like it a lot. Have you considered some tall corals? Like gorgonians?
Thank you for kind word. I'm still new to these reef species thing, I got into these BTA Anemones pretty much unexpected and I just moving/learning along the way to keep them happy as I can :) (I'm not new to salt world, I just keep FOWLR for many years), for now I'll try to stick with easy care species first.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for kind word. I'm still new to these reef species thing, I got into these BTA Anemones pretty much unexpected and I just moving/learning along the way to keep them happy as I can :) (I'm not new to salt world, I just keep FOWLR for many years), for now I'll try to stick with easy care species first.

For your consideration: photosynthetic gorgonians - you don't have to feed them. The light is all they need. Cheers!

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dbraun15 Like you said in other thread about your Gig.
My Gig start showing some shade of light lavender color on some part of it, I guess it's recovering :)

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sebae Malu.jpg

@Yuki Rihwa , I was looking for a tank thread and this is the closest I could find for you. What/where did you get your rocks?

Pulled your above pic from another thread but it was off-topic for that thread.

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Yuki Rihwa What/where did you get your rocks?
They were dry rocks I bought pretty much 10 years ago and was in my FOWLR for decade, I just picked them out for this mix reef tank, if I remembered right it was tagged real Fiji dry rocks, picture below of the dry rocks I still have in my garage.
Rocks.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%
Back