Tank placement

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am placing my 90 Gal in my bedroom, which is a family room of a house that my dad built a wall on. This, of course, means I have a ginormous window in my bedroom. (Where my new tank is going.) the tank is sitting directly from the window, but usually the sun doesn’t aim directly into my bedroom. A lot of light just gets in the higher I raise my curtains. I have other animals (Conure, ball python, crested gecko) who need natural light, so my curtains would have to be pretty open. My question is how much do I have to worry about algae blooms/ bacteria blooms? . Here are some pics: the third picture you can’t see very well but is directly from the window. Could I move my tank to where my dresser and Conure are (on that wall?) so basically to the wall to the left of my window?

7657535E-5F06-4DAE-B681-678D3BFCD207.jpeg 19735D03-8BA4-44E9-A343-6C48A9B73B19.jpeg 62CCC367-6C31-420C-AE58-5DD9C33FDA08.jpeg

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can the main thing you want to do is limit the direct sunlight if you notice at one point in the day is really blasting the tank you could close the blinds for that hour or longer depending. I have 2 tanks one has to be somewhat in the sunlight and the other doesn't I wouldn't say one or the other grows more algae.

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can the main thing you want to do is limit the direct sunlight if you notice at one point in the day is really blasting the tank you could close the blinds for that hour or longer depending. I have 2 tanks one has to be somewhat in the sunlight and the other doesn't I wouldn't say one or the other grows more algae.
Alright, thanks! The only thing I’m worried about is if I did had a bloom, I wouldn’t have anywhere to move my fish and coral. Direct sunlight usually doesn’t go on the left side of my room, or ever at all, unless it is summer. By summer I should have a UV sterilizer, though. So just to make sure, it’s alright if I put my tank where I’m pointing in this pic??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 55

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, thanks! The only thing I’m worried about is if I did had a bloom, I wouldn’t have anywhere to move my fish and coral. Direct sunlight usually doesn’t go on the left side of my room, or ever at all, unless it is summer. By summer I should have a UV sterilizer, though. So just to make sure, it’s alright if I put my tank where I’m pointing in this pic??

Yes that is fine to put it there.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back