Tank repair

bung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have 2600 tenecor cylinder aquarium have second hand , there is clean separation from bottom plate ( looks like silicone wax there . But is acrylic ? Was 100 until moved - would like to seal . Called company and they did not act like they cared

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tenecor went bankrupt and has now restarted but with new ownership and all new staff. Most likely no one their knows anything about this tank.

You should be able to reglue with weld on. The question is whether you trust yourself to fix it or not. If it were me and I had a tank that large I would find someone local to fix it for me and do it correct. I would likely have them buff and refinish while they were at it so you could start brand new. If this is truly a 2600 gallon tank then spending a couple thousand to reseal and buff is a bargain as this tank likely would cost 10s of thousands new. I am not sure who is in your area but this is what I would do if I were in your situation.

OP
OP
B

bung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No tank guys around , any glass / acrylic company in this area want see new windows / stuff really not interested in repair . Have a “aquarium”new to area but the people that work there have just about the same or less experience than I do , they just wanted to buy the aquarium as part as display . Just to move it we had to weld a custom adapter to forks of a large machine since they were not long enough to cross the bottom .

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would seriously keep looking. There are at least 6 people in my area who might do this. Granted every area is different but it is still the avenue I would persue.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back