Tank Rescue Videos

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Hawaii Ban happening I am beginning to see that the aquarium industry has a bad rep with the public. I believe that a simple way to help combat the negative image is to possibly create tank rescue videos and have them on channels similar to the Dodo channel. The first step would be to find a system where the owner and caretaker has passed away or someone who is no longer able to take care of the animals due something out of their control. I am sure these things happen a lot. Local Reefing Clubs possibly see this somewhat often. We could find someone who lives close to temporarily take care of the tank and start up a Go Fund Me page to pay for someone with the ability to pick it up and either add to their existing set up or start a new tank. The people getting the tank would not have to pay any money out of pocket. The person getting out of the hobby could be paid a fair rate for it. There is a lot of evidence that reefing is good for PTSD so helping a vet get a tank and even helping them with the ongoing maintenance would be a good approach. This should all be filmed and documented and someone could edit it and put it out on social media. If done correctly this would look very good for the hobby. I feel like we need to do more things and show it publicly. Public sentiment can be easily changed and quickly. Puppy mills are basically a thing of the past in the US because of campaigns like this. Pit Bulls are not as feared today as they were 10 years ago due to the same thing.
This is just an idea and I would be interested in anyone else's ideas on the subject. If you want to stop the banning of collecting wild fish and corals, we as hobby have to show the good side. This site already does things like the Toys Drive. Now it is time to show the public what we can do.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know online poker did a lot of stuff like giving money to charity and disaster relief. Offered to pay taxes and buy permits and they still shut it down. I’m not saying it’s the same but my guess is things will tighten up more as time goes by. What they need to do is aquaculture more fish and rocks. I went to a really big reef in Hawaii and 90% of it was dead because of tourist traffic.

6F024B89-3B5D-4859-9095-1F723E1C7DC4.jpeg DFFC4752-DD7F-4A2A-91A1-6DDD1496A56D.jpeg

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back