Tank Reset

Tuck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just moved and I'm restarting my 100 gallon tank andI've upgraded ever single piece of equipment and I'm going from a cannister to a 55 gallon sump. So my question is should I go with hoses or PVC for my plumbing?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That comes down to preference. I actually have a mix of soft and hard. I will eventually change out most of the soft plumbing but I am in no hurry. There are pros and cons to both. Do what you want. There is no wrong answer.

keystoneckp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gone to the flexible and hard PVC pipe and my current build.
90g upstairs with 75g sump in basement

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally prefer the looks of hard plumbing ecspecially when the time is taken to do it right, but for ease of installation you can't beat tubing.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're just starting out with sump for first time (or first time with this tank) I would definitely go with soft tubing. Allow a bit longer tubing runs so you can easily change if you want to go different direction/change equipment/change sump.

Once you get things set up and working like you like, then you can switch over (if you ever decide it's worth it) or cut it down to size.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back