Tank Rim Removal Tips?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Keybilly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Keybilly

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2012
Messages
100
Reaction score
110
Location
Summerland Key, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have a 15 gallon tank that has the black rim on the top. I have heard that some people remove the rims on these but I honestly have no clue how. Has anyone here successfully without cracking the tank removed the rim? If so can you share how? I would be interested to know. Thank you! :-)
 
It holds the tank together. It's only 1/8" glass. Yes, cracking, leaking, bursting - all of the above.
 
Thanks! I am really glad you told me. No 15 gal rimless for me then :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new