Tank Sizing

  • Thread starter Thread starter awood0909
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

awood0909

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2015
Messages
68
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple 20 longs laying around that I was going to setup for some clown pairs. Is there room for 3 sections in these or do they need a little more room?
 
I have a couple 20 longs laying around that I was going to setup for some clown pairs. Is there room for 3 sections in these or do they need a little more room?
The smallest broodstock tanks I’ve seen/ used is 10 gal. A 20 long divided in 3 would be about 6 gallons worth of space, if that. Common water to all is not a problem.
 
So maybe 3 10 gallons would be better? I have a 36" wide space that they were going to go in so I was trying to maximize space.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new