Tank TOO CLEAN?

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think is being too clean with these tanks is a problem? Like we going with roller matts, skimmer,poly fill and some before we put water back into the display. You think that’s a problem like for an instance someone who’s so clean and finally go outside and gets dirty now they’re sick as heck. Do you think it leads to more problems in the biological and bacterial level than someone who might have less water cleaning.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think is being too clean with these tanks is a problem? Like we going with roller matts, skimmer,poly fill and some before we put water back into the display. You think that’s a problem like for an instance someone who’s so clean and finally go outside and gets dirty now they’re sick as heck. Do you think it leads to more problems in the biological and bacterial level than someone who might have less water cleaning.
I think the days of nutrient poor tanks are of the past.
I’ve been more successful in a balanced import/export system rather than low low numbers.

Running nitrates at 10ppm and phosphate at 0.2ppm just because that’s where my system likes it, no rise, no fall, without a lot of input from me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back