Tank transfer logistics

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will work and you can scan this thread to see all jobs are the same

your plan will work. Pre rinse the new sand for hours in tap until totally free of silt then a final rinse in salt

the rocks will for sure without doubt carry over bacteria. We have been trained to fear lack of bacteria. It never happens per above

Greg I just saw that request for the move induced disease, disturbance of scape - induced disease. I have a few standout threads
it’s not screaming out yet as a guarantee but the little proofs are slowly coming about I’m watching disease posts in the disease forum and am seeing more and more no prep systems, running fine for years, and then a sand bed disturbance or rock change breaks out something in the fish. Perhaps the organisms were stratified in the bed somehow and then liberated / tbd

this poor dude accomplishes a few things in this thread, all bad. I checked on him via message a few weeks later he’s ok so some ribbing is deserved for not listening lol. He manages the worst rip clean I’ve ever seen, by not following directions, and dang near had me thinking he was dead from his tank infection xferred to his skin. I honestly thought he may have expired in the hospital, this thread caused my blood pressure to sky rocket.

that’s the first example I recall to begin charting the outbreak after disturbance, in a tank that ran for years without preps. * notice the new tang he added a few mos before which could very well be the culprit. I’ll find a few more examples for patterning too.

Last edited:

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gregg @ ADP , you and I agree on this. Apparently we are in the minority opinion. I am fine with that, let the sheep follow the other sheep.
I total get your stance in this.

I am new to the reefing hobby, but I have some extensive experience in healthcare. One thing we are taught early on is that correlation does not equal causation. "Every time I sleep in late on the weekend, I get a headache." This is correlation....causation is the bottle of Johnny Walker I had the night before. This is an exaggerated example, but it can be easy to confuse the two.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back