Tank update and advice

Juice780

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been battling some algae in my tank. I have 2 kinds. One brown stringy kind and a green that looks like green hair algae. I thought I might have Dino’s but my snails and crabs are eating it and the seem to prefer the brown over the green. The green is starting to take over so I don’t think it’s dinos. The green doesn’t come off the rocks too good. I finally got my uv up and going and doesn’t look like anything is growing back after snails clean them off. Maybe I need to get more snails or just wait it out. I currently have my protein skimmer off fearing dinos and I only have one fish at the moment due to ich or velvet problem. Should I keep the skimmer off and can I feed my corals? I only have a few frags but would like to feed them. I haven’t been doing water changes either. Here are my parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Ph 8
Ca 400
Kh 8
Phosphate maybe a trace
Salinity 1.025
Temp 77

I’m assuming my pho’s and nitrate is 0 is because the alate is consuming everything. Any advice?

AC04F070-CBCC-48D6-BDC5-E50BC66525E3.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back