Tank update

David13

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
24
Location
norfolk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
140C90DC-F2F4-4BD3-ABC2-C6A3D25388BA.jpeg

So this is my little slice of the ocean 4 months in, had a few challenges along the way, hair algae almost took over, then aiptasia decided to sneak in‍♂, oh and vermited snails. Luckily I was able to isolate the snail and aiptasia to a frag of zoa’s. So managed to take them out of the tank transplant the zoa’s and then dump the frag plug, aiptasia and vermited snail in one. Lessons learnt you need to dip new frags. Ideally QT but don’t have the ability to set up a QT tank yet. And I’m aware of the “risk” of a mandarin in a small tank, he is the most active feeder in their thankfully, I regularly add pods but he absolutely loves lobster eggs, I target feed with a long pipette and he swims straight to it and nudges the end until I feed him. Looking forward to seeing my little reef develops.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new