Tank upgrade/cycle

collinnelson9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello just wondering if I can insta cycle my 37g to a 60g. I’m looking at a 60 breeder and I have no room to keep the other tank set up so I have to cycle it asap. I’m planning on taking 1 of my rock structures and breaking back down into rocks so I can throw it in the aio chamber and the other structure will be put into the display.(around 25 pounds) I also have a bunch of marine pure ceramic balls as well. I have a bunch of hammers a couple Zoas and mushrooms. My current fish r 1 clown and 1 royal gramma. (The gramma is not meant for small tanks it reigns terror on every inhabitant)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it will instant cycle. move all your rocks into the new tank sitting clear with rinsed sand already in place, perfectly clean water. set the rocks in the display of the new tank

then move over all the animals, and don't test for anything (because an ammonia misread false reading is nearly guaranteed and will make you react by adding things we don't need to add in skip cycle jobs)

just simply trust the process and initiate it. the rocks carry over all you need. put them in the display, not the sump.

OP
OP
C

collinnelson9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it will instant cycle. move all your rocks into the new tank sitting clear with rinsed sand already in place, perfectly clean water. set the rocks in the display of the new tank

then move over all the animals, and don't test for anything (because an ammonia misread false reading is nearly guaranteed and will make you react by adding things we don't need to add in skip cycle jobs)

just simply trust the process and initiate it. the rocks carry over all you need. put them in the display, not the sump.
Thanks for the confidence boost. I am nervous to transfer everything over in a matter of a few hours but it shouldn’t be too bad since the bio load is really light.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd throw in a bottle of bacteria jic. I always have. May be overkill, but...

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATM Colony, or similar, it’s very simple and safe. Instant cycle.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back