Tank upgrade on a budget?

databuffer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2025
Messages
57
Reaction score
57
Location
Easton
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently running a 28g AIO cube, with LPS and softies, and really want to upgrade to minimize my workload, and get my protein skimmer out of the display.

I’m hunting for a dosing pump that can dose my AFR + magnesium, and a HOB skimmer, but my budget is LOW. I’d prefer to spend under $250 for both.

Are there any good options for me, aside from just waiting for FB marketplace to come through for me? Any aliexpress knockoffs that could come to my rescue?
 
I’m currently running a 28g AIO cube, with LPS and softies, and really want to upgrade to minimize my workload, and get my protein skimmer out of the display.

I’m hunting for a dosing pump that can dose my AFR + magnesium, and a HOB skimmer, but my budget is LOW. I’d prefer to spend under $250 for both.

Are there any good options for me, aside from just waiting for FB marketplace to come through for me? Any aliexpress knockoffs that could come to my rescue?

I have a Jebao Auto Doser that cost me $99. I've never seen a HOB skimmer less than $300...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new