tank upgrade suggestions

Saltwater_Reefing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2023
Messages
193
Reaction score
57
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a BioCube 32 , and I found a 75-gallon tank with 30 30-gallon sump, Fluval 307, 150 pounds of reef rock and sand for 350$. I currently have all my corals in the BioCube. Should I set up the 75 with the sump or the canister filter, and how should I go about setting up the tank? Should I take water and everything from my 32 and put it right into the bigger tan,k or should I set up the tank as a whole other ecosystem and wait like 5-6 months before adding everything and letting my copepods grow in volume and get the levels the same in the bio cup and then shut the tank down and move the corals over? I do know that it would be my first time with a sump, and all recommendations are open! I just want everyone's input, and for lighting, I thought about doing 2 Nicrew 100W.
 
Do you have a picture of the 75, and the wet rocks?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new