2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have another post about my phosphate journey here
Thread 'Brightwell’s Phosphat-E'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/brightwell’s-phosphat-e.955442/

But in another week or two, my new tank will be here. I’m going from a 65 gallon to a 180. I have new sand and new Carib sea dry rock, but will likely move my 65 gallon stuff over. I’m curious if my 2 yr old rocks are holding onto phosphate, once in a new tank, they will likely release the phosphate correct?
This upgrade will be my 2nd tank and starting year 3 in this hobby. My goals are much more stable parameters and lower nutrients than my 65 gallon always ran at.

ナイトコア猫

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people would say so. You can experiment by placing some rocks in some mixed saltwater, and measuring the amount of phosphate in one week, before your tank is setup.

Phosphat-E I've used in the past with great results.

Presently, without Phosphat-E, I have trouble keeping phosphate levels without autodosing of phosphate using BRS doser. I believe one reason is because of maximising use of kalk (before dosing any 2-part or calcium reactor effluent). My tanks either use chaeto / Triton or ZEOvit, but that alone is not sufficient to consume phosphate. The kalk dosing has been really effective in precipating phosphate out of solution.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back