Tank Upgrades Curious

chrisdafish70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the holidays around the corner. I am possibly trying to see people’s opinions on what I should upgrade in my tank. I have an SCA 50gal that has been running for about a little over 2 years now. I have 2 AI Primes 16HD for lighting and 1 Nero 3 in the tank. Most of my coral currently are Zoas, GSP, frogspawn and a big leather.

I do feel like I should try and get my flow in the tank as an upgrade. Attached is what my tank currently looks like. If you have a suggestion if I should move my Nero please let me know.

Thank you for your time reading the post!

IMG_5988.jpeg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal . If things are happy you probably shouldn’t mess with it. If you’re really bent on adding another pump, I’d add another Nero 3 . I have 3 in my 90 and a SCP 90 crossflow gyre and I love em. But, again, if the tank is happy I’d leave be. Use the money to buy another coral.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the holidays around the corner. I am possibly trying to see people’s opinions on what I should upgrade in my tank. I have an SCA 50gal that has been running for about a little over 2 years now. I have 2 AI Primes 16HD for lighting and 1 Nero 3 in the tank. Most of my coral currently are Zoas, GSP, frogspawn and a big leather.

I do feel like I should try and get my flow in the tank as an upgrade. Attached is what my tank currently looks like. If you have a suggestion if I should move my Nero please let me know.

IMG_5988.jpeg
If you are like me, you just want to keep growing in the hobby. I would say decide on what you want in coral next. Then make the changes needed for your next step. If you don't have a ATO that would be the next purchase if it were my tank

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5988.jpeg
Any fish?

OP
OP
C

chrisdafish70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are like me, you just want to keep growing in the hobby. I would say decide on what you want in coral next. Then make the changes needed for your next step. If you don't have a ATO that would be the next purchase if it were my tank
I do have an ATO.

I want to try and get into more intermediate corals I would say. I always have my monti cap start off great and they suddenly just crash. I just started dosing Alk. Since it was way low in the 6-7 range.

As of now I just feel like my top level of the tank is blank and nothing there

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20231209_134822784.jpg

Birds nest. Very easy, fast growing and I always get complements on mine. This is year and a half growth from a small frag.
Is yours more in the middle of the tank with high flow?

Here is my tank. Should give you an idea of flow. Par is 150- 180 at birds nest if I remember correctly, but I had them at 100 par for a long time

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back