Tank viewing with low to no light?

bReefedBaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200.gif

What are some of the best Tips and tricks to viewing your tank at night? I’m asking for more of the “no lights, what’s creeping around the aquarium at night” aspect.

*I’ve tried a flashlight covered up with red electrical tape, it sort of worked. I still think it was too bright.

Let me know if there’s a way, the best way or better yet… your way! Thanks Reefers!

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use a regular flash light on my phone. The only thing that hides when the light comes around are some bristle worms (I hope they're bristle worms).

I read red flash lights are good because it's not bright. I think Orphek also sells a flash light, I'm not sure exactly what it is, I think it might be UV- that might be cool to check out.

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got a $10 red light on amazon that I use sometimes. It works pretty well to not disturb things. A regular flash light feels a little strong and I don't want to stress the resting fish.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a regular flashlight but pot my fingers in front and let only a little light go trough between my fingers.
I don’t like to do it much though as seen fish jumping when of too much light were used.

Back