Tank wobble

Manuelnvrz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
246
Reaction score
14
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a fusion 20 nano by IM but I set my EMPTY aquarium down on my counter and it wobbles a bit. It has a rubber mat under but still wobbles? Normal? Will the mat level out when I fill it?
 
How much movement are we talking about and how thick is the mat? Something like an 1/8" or so isn't much to be concerned with so long as the mat is at least that thick.
 
Shim it with wooden shims wobbling is not ideal
 
Nope tap is fine to leak test and then empty out.
 
Lol alright. So out of excitement I set my tank down on a dirty counter which lead it to wobble. Cleaned the counter and now the wobble is gone!

Bahahahaha! I just had to say, that actually made me lol.
 
Haha glad it turned out being nothing. Enjoy your new tank!

Leveling tanks has always been the bane of this hobby for me. Not sure why but shimming here shimming there little by little and then I'm still off ticks me off. So much now I only use metal stands with leveling feet. Easy least.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new