Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say hi and glad to be here comming back into reefkeeping from a 2 year break have been keeping reef systems for 15 years but stoped because my son wiped out a 8 year old system the was a 125 main/mixed reef 55 fuge dwarf sea horse tank 55 cryptic sponge/gorg tank 55 dsb sand sifting starfish tank and 55 equipment with 3 red mangroves that were 4 feet tall and had 2 branch layers each with a rainbow mantis 0 water change after initial cycle my son thought he was helping feed the fish while I was in the shower and feed them the chili powder sitting on the counter everyrhing was dead in 2 minutes flat and I didnt have the heart to start all over but missed it so much my wife got me a 32 led biocube last xmas so I'm back into it got several zoas and palys a finger leather a purple phyotocynthtic gorg a 2 flordia ricordias and a pink tip firework clove polyps softy only been running 8 months with no problems using first chamber as cryptic secong as fuge and 3rd as equipment with 5 gal a week waterchanges as is overstocked ( not big enoff system to add every critter needed to be self cleaning) which I know alot of people will gripe at but I have overstocked every tank iv ever setup otherwise I get honorable cyno and gha odd but true(platinum snowflake clown, saphire dasmsil,2 fire fish one red one purple, watchman gobie candy cane pistol pair, banghi cardinal and pajama cardinal, and cleaner shrimp) along with cuc hooe to be an active member and mabey one day I'll setup a huge system again but for now happy with my nano

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B2A7520E-B3CE-4369-8069-1D0FBD33BA99.jpeg

Conovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say hi and glad to be here comming back into reefkeeping from a 2 year break have been keeping reef systems for 15 years but stoped because my son wiped out a 8 year old system the was a 125 main/mixed reef 55 fuge dwarf sea horse tank 55 cryptic sponge/gorg tank 55 dsb sand sifting starfish tank and 55 equipment with 3 red mangroves that were 4 feet tall and had 2 branch layers each with a rainbow mantis 0 water change after initial cycle my son thought he was helping feed the fish while I was in the shower and feed them the chili powder sitting on the counter everyrhing was dead in 2 minutes flat and I didnt have the heart to start all over but missed it so much my wife got me a 32 led biocube last xmas so I'm back into it got several zoas and palys a finger leather a purple phyotocynthtic gorg a 2 flordia ricordias and a pink tip firework clove polyps softy only been running 8 months with no problems using first chamber as cryptic secong as fuge and 3rd as equipment with 5 gal a week waterchanges as is overstocked ( not big enoff system to add every critter needed to be self cleaning) which I know alot of people will gripe at but I have overstocked every tank iv ever setup otherwise I get honorable cyno and gha odd but true(platinum snowflake clown, saphire dasmsil,2 fire fish one red one purple, watchman gobie candy cane pistol pair, banghi cardinal and pajama cardinal, and cleaner shrimp) along with cuc hooe to be an active member and mabey one day I'll setup a huge system again but for now happy with my nano
I understand how sons help out. I have alot of scratches thanks to my sons help in cleaning the glass :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back