Tankmatez bubble trap review (video)

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
So I’ve been needing to catch my blue throat trigger for a while and did not want to tear the tank apart to do so.
I came across this fish trap a while ago and thought it was pretty cool and wanted to give it a try. Placed the order last week and received it last night. Came in a nice little bucket with a lid for storage which I thought was pretty cool. I bought a fish trap in the past was a acrylic box and let me tell you , it SUCKED! Broke it after the first use.

But this tankmatez bubble trap seems to be nicely made and well GETS THE JOB DONE! From the time I opened the box to the time I caught the fish was 10 mins tops.
one thing I wish I would have done was bought the magnetic version but the suction cups worked so no complaints!
Video speaks for itself!
1FFC2E46-48CA-4A9C-B8AB-D2394B683068.jpeg
743AAEDC-ECD8-4F9C-BF94-330C7470E90C.jpeg

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a great product. I have used one of their smaller bubble traps a few time with 100% success. My experience with it is very similar to your - 10 to 15 minutes tops.

And the team behind @TankMatez are good people - so you cant go wrong with one of their traps.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I'm about to purchase one, they have so many models not sure which one is better. I was doing the DIY 2 liter bottle trap but it's not working. Been trying to catch my citron clown goby that's destroying my acans.

OP
OP
Saltysav96

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i would have seen the magnetic version the first time that's what i would have went with. if you have some decent size fish i would go with atleast the 6 or 8" one so you can use it in the future.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i would have seen the magnetic version the first time that's what i would have went with. if you have some decent size fish i would go with atleast the 6 or 8" one so you can use it in the future.
I went with the 7 inch non-magnetic hydraulic fish whisperer with silent door trap/fish rattle, that seems to be their new line.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 116 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back