Tap water for fish only

Rodolfo Garcia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2017
Messages
202
Reaction score
119
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a quarantine tank and I am wondering if dechlorinated tap water would be ok to use for this tank. I will be adding biomedia from my established tank and some carbon to remove any impurities.
I live in Houston Texas
 
Do you have a company analysis of your municipal water?

Chloramine leaving ammonia in the tap water is one concern (at least on setup, not necessarily for top off).

Silicate might be high enough to facilitate rapid diatom growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new