Tap water for a QT container.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 of my 5 fish have ICK , I'm going to quarantine all of my fish and treat with copper. My problem is that my fish are big, 3+4 inches. I don't have a tank big enough for all. So I'm going yo use Rubbermaid 32 gal trash barrel ! Would this be big enough? They are in a 125 gal display tank.
On the water issue. My tap is 50 TDS . Could I use tap water in the QT tank?
I won't have the option to use my RODI system for the water in the QT. I need to put the barrel I'm my heated shed and keep the trash barrel there for the total time of treatment.
Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new