target feeding toad stool mushroom

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, moving isn't going to hurt at this point. It's not going into meltdown or anything, so you've got some time to play around. Looks closed pretty tight. Mine hasn't ever closed more than a day or two and that was to shed. They taste like garbage to fish, but if something is picking at the polyps that could cause the permanent closure, as daddavis pointed out. How long have you had them? Did they open fine before?

OP
OP
heliguy71

heliguy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought it on 11-29-2009 and it looked good for two to three weeks.i change carbon every 30 days.where should i move it away from flow? my vortech is on that side of the tank but not pointed directly at it maybe i should move it to the middle or opposite side of the tank

Last edited:
OP
OP
heliguy71

heliguy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my vortech is on the same side maybe i should move the coral to the middle or oppsite side of the tank.carbon is changed every 30 days also.

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, to close to a Vortech might do it. Mine likes being close, but these are little guys. If you elect to move be sure to give it enough time (days) to adjust before moving again.

OP
OP
heliguy71

heliguy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i moved them down to the corner below the vortech. i hope they get enough light. when do you think i will see results if any a week or more or less?

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends if that's your issue. if it's water quality related moving it won't help. i'd report back in a week with how it's doing. in the meantime, has there been any significant change in your husbandry or additions to the tank of chemical or livestock? any cleaning solvents used close to the tank that could be cause for accidental contamination?

OP
OP
heliguy71

heliguy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no changes other then the vortech but they where starting to retract days before the vortech was put in the tank

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try just rubbing your thumb over the top of it. Sounds silly but if it's not getting the proper flow it may need some help cleaning off.

Feeding definitely isn't the problem. They're mostly photosynthetic though they may absorb some nutrients dissolved in the water column.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back