TB Saltwater crab

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lutz123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lutz123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best pic I can get. This little crab hitchhiker has a carapace about 1/2 inch wide and almost black, with tan legs and bright white claws. The claws have black tips and don’t look friendly, but I haven’t come across a pic with anything similar…
IMG_3939.png
 
When in doubt, pull it out, you may not get another chance.

Don’t take any risk especially that one, I agree, looks like trouble if not now, down the road.

Never found a crab I liked. None did squat in cleaning anything much.

I removed every crab 7 years ago now. What a difference, no more unexplained disappearances.

No dead snails.
 
Best pic I can get. This little crab hitchhiker has a carapace about 1/2 inch wide and almost black, with tan legs and bright white claws. The claws have black tips and don’t look friendly, but I haven’t come across a pic with anything similar…
IMG_3939.png
@ISpeakForTheSeas
We infrequently see this crab with a brown carapace, white claws with dark tips and never larger than 1". J refers to it as a mud crab. Try trapping it using the Glass Trap and please share photos, as we'd love to add it to the hitchhiker pages.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new