• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

tcampbell23 - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently sold a skimmer. Completely intact and now the buyer opened a claim on me. Said there was no pump, collection cup or valve in the box which is obsurd.

I had listed pictures of the skimmer. It had all the components in tack.

Now the guy opens a claim on me. What's my recourse? I did ship it with insurance but don't even know ups will cover me.

I have sold and bought a ton of items here and never this kind of issue.

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he sent it back to UPS but kept the pump, collection cup and gate valve. Because it shows sent back Paypal locked up my money. I shipped it insured but not sure they will cover me as it was not "damaged" but he basically stole the parts.

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So get this - UPS didnt cover me because @tcampbell23 not only kept the pump, gate valve and skimmer cup - basically beat me - did not even package it back - I had this wrapped in bubble and extra peanuts in it. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM HE IS A THIEF!

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you are lying. I cannot believe this. If you're going to go on here and slander my name when I did nothing but try to be an honest person you have another thing coming for you sir. I have absolutely no use for the pump, gate valve and collection cup. I recorded a video of me unboxing the package and I will submit that to PayPal. In efforts to get my money back. You have a good evening sir.

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's on UPS. I packaged it back excellently. That has nothing to do with me. What's absolutely mad is that you came on here and tried to bash my name as if I gained something from this. I sent the skimmer back as you asked. Now I'm out of $180. If I needed those parts that badly I could've bought them for the $180 it would've run me and not even dealt with this. The collection cup is worth-$50, the pump is worth $100 and the gate valve is probably less than $30.

This is my first time doing business on this forum and surely is my last. I will stick to my local threads. In the midst of this debacle I bought a skimmer from a local person.

I gained absolutely nothing from this whatsoever. In fact I LOST $180.

This is a screenshot from where I spoke with this local person on THURSDAY before we agreed to the UPS situation. I would have no reason whatsoever to lie to him about the situation.

I even sent the skimmer back BEFORE you gave me my money back as a gesture of good faith. I didn't doubt that you sent it whole. I even said that in our messages.

God does not like ugly and you shall reap what you sow. I hope that PayPal refunds me and I hope that you gained from this whatever you intended to gain.

Last edited by a moderator:

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only opened the PayPal dispute because I realized that by sending you the product back, I had no insurance to get my money back. I even told you I didn't want to do that because I didn't want it to impact your reputation with PayPal.

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's absolutely fine. I do not doubt that he didn't send the skimmer in tact. I can only go off of what I received. If you read through the messages, how does it make sense for me to agree to send the skimmer back to ups before I even get my money back. The resale value of those parts is not worth $180 so even if I did steal those parts, I was taking a chance at not getting my money back and LOSING money on reselling JUST those parts. Am I making sense here? I had no incentive here to go out of my way to "rip you off"

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Panohas - I have no need to beat anyone. I am a reefer and love the hobby. When he notified me I thought maybe I missed something in packing it which I would have sent right out. BUT NO way did I miss the main componants. Plus they would be here. I paid special attention to the collection cup - wrapped it in bubble and styrofoam peanutes. The gate valve I remember fitting in snug. There is NO WAY This was not recieved.

The fact UPS got it back smashed speaks for itself. IF HE TRULY did not beat me - why was it not packaged in bubble with the peanutes - instead recieved by UPS broken and smashed with NO PACKAGING MATERIAL?????

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • I used bubble and peanutes and this is from the UPS claim WHY WAS CRAFT PAPER USED TO SEND IT BACK!!!
  • The contents contained in the package described above were damaged. We regret any inconvenience
    this may have caused you or your consignee.
  • The evaluation revealed the following deficiencies in the packaging that was for this shipment.
    · The kraft paper, paper carton used for cushioning did not adequately protect the merchandise.

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put everything in the box that came when I got it. There wasn't a lot of peanuts and there was one piece of green bubble wrap. Please read those messages and explain how it makes sense for me to offer you the skimmer to UPS with no insurance that I would get anything out of this. Somebody please tell me how his point of view makes sense?

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that it was a UPS mistake and unfortunately I am the one losing on this. I'm not a crooked person and surely not a thief. I'd wish he had come to me and talked this out before publicly slandering my name and reputation. In the end, I've lost $180 and if PayPal doesn't refund me then I've lost money, got my name bashed on a site I'm new to, and in the end have nothing to show for it.

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot @tdam & @ReeferBee . It really means a lot that you guys came here to comment on this. At this point I'm just hoping I get my money back. Again, thanks a lot!

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. But that's pretty extreme for a person to ad it have convo on it sell it ship it with x amount of weight and it have parts missing. When the seller would only gain a few buck in not sending them rather then the buyer demanding all or most of the money back to shut up.
I sell on eBay quite a bit. Or used to.

Trying to remain neutral here as I'm receptive to how he feels as the seller. But, explain your point of the seller gaining a few bucks. If I don't get refunded and PayPal frees up his funds, then he's gained my $180 and I gained nothing.

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if the skimmer was destroyed by UPS, he has still gotten my $180 and I'm with NOTHING to show for it. It would've been better for me to keep the skimmer body and try to piece it back together.

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3f87a7fd9adf4ef53080a7329b9fb20f.jpg
9607b49f3df0ab8a94a8ea570c271bf5.jpg
c98dad8e8ab7fb3383cd06dd745e6236.jpg

I MIGHT'VE saved $15 by "stealing" from you and going through this hassle. That makes no sense if you ask me.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To prevent feedback threads from getting out of control, only the buyer and seller are permitted to comment or participate in a feedback thread.

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know how your out the $180 when paypal has already taken it back out of my account? So I am out the money and the skimmer.

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If PayPal took the money out of your account, I surely did not get it back. So at this point in time, I am out of $180. I would be more apt to believe what you said about UPS if you would post screenshots of the email. I have posted screenshots of everything I have said and received and yet you have posted nothing as proof of the claims you're making.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%

Back