TCAquariums

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any information or experiences they can share with me about TCAquariums in Port St Lucie, FL? I came across their online store and they seem to have some of the harder-to-find fish that I want but I'm wondering about their reputation, quarantine practices and of course the overall general health of the livestock that they offer. Prices seem good but healthy livestock and good business ethics is more important. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, do you have a link to their website? I'd be interested in learning details as well. I couldn't find the site with a quick google search.

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went to their site and they're using a ton of my photography to sell their stuff so theres that.

Alex caracheo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been waiting on a refund for three months now. hes told me he doesnt have enough money to pay me back atm. And apperently hes loosing his house aswell... but on the bright side his business seems to be oddly booming according to his fb

Alex caracheo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes me angry because ive told him since February i needed the money. He would say 1 more week everytime id message him that week still hasnt come. And on top of that once he actually claimed he sent a check but he never gave me tracking. Well on the estimated arrival date i asked were the check was and well apparently he never sent.

Alex caracheo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and you said you where looking for some hard to get fish? Dont buy from him. Thats the whole reason i never got a thing . I purchased 11/25 since that date up to February he couldnt get any special fish from his suppliers because they flat out didnt have them

Brett Tougas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless of what's going on business kind of stings to hear somebody's laundry especially if they're losing their house.

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He shops at the same wholesaler I go to. None of the items on his site are actually on site, he just picks them up when ordered. The issue with this is that if the wholesaler doesn't have it then the buyer has to wait.
It's a shady and sad way to conduct business.

Alex caracheo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely understand that the wholesaler only had certain fish him to pick up for me, i was going to wait. The thing that gets me is i was nice all the way up to about 5month of waiting and never did i recieve a thing.And eventually things in my personal life happened and i needed some extra money. I told him i really needed something . How i was going thru some legal matters with court and stuff. I explained how it would help alot even if it didnt seem like it . But nope that didnt seem to matter at all. Eventually it felt like i was bothering because he would post alot and he would not respond to my messages . When he did most of the time just give me excuses. Thats what got to me. And now on fb all of a sudden im not his friend nor do i folloe any of his auction or business page. And this happened before i posted any of this anywhere.

Alex caracheo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And i still cant get a refund

Screenshot_20170504-064159.png

Alex caracheo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still in dispute with him , hopefully i get it soon. Hes opening up his shop soon. Hes also big on aquarium maintenance so i dont know what he is thinking or doing

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I'm glad I saw this... I had an annoying experience with them just ordering snails but I was going to give them a second chance if they were able to find me ventralis anthias as I've been looking for them since December with no luck. Sounds like it isn't worth it

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back