OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the Urchin for 8 or 9 years, he could get around pretty well in the 55 but it sure kept his spines shortened. Now he has room to roam and he's gotten HUGE!

Saturday we went to Dallas for the day and made the rounds. Hit our usual stops of Dallas North Aquarium and the Fish Gallery, also went to a couple of stores we haven't visited yet. Got some good ideas and a better plan, have our local guy looking for some of the cool wrasses we saw while down there (blue star leopard and mystery, maybe a couple of others). I saw the biggest purple tang I've ever seen while at Exotic Aquatics. It. Was. GORGEOUS. If we had been ready for one, we'd be much poorer today.

We got some new babies yesterday:
Blonde Naso Tang
Magnificent Foxface
Blue Spot Jawfish
Cleaner Wrasse

They acclimated yesterday evening and we left the lights off, will try to get pics tonight.

We took in OJ, the stone cold killer 10 yr old Tomato Clown. It was kinda sad, he was one of my first fish, but he was incredibly mean an killed anything new we put in the big tank. We finally caught him and put him in the 55 (Protagonist dang near went scuba diving to catch him), where he's been in "jail" the last few months. Finally decided to part with him so we can use the 55 as a QT tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank looks awesome!

OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blonde naso and foxface ate good yesterday. They are still pretty shy, hanging out in the back of the tank or underneath rock caves when I'm in the room, out exploring when I'm elsewhere watching.

No sign of either the jawfish or cleaner wrasse yesterday, hope they're just hiding and didn't perform a disappearing act. :/

OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw the jawfish poking his head out from under a rock a couple of times last night, guess he's still around (thank goodness). I put some small shells and tiny rocks in the area for him to make his home. The Blonde Naso and Foxface are getting more comfortable, they were out quite a bit last night, even ate some nori off a clip. The foxface was doing his best to clean the algae off a conch snail's shell. Still no sign of the cleaner wrasse.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best pic of the 2, but they were both out so I snapped what I could.

20130806_164249.jpg

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks Great!! That is some Great Rock Work!! Cant Wait to see pics in the future with the Corals Growth!! Love It!!

OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some better pics last night. Foxface munching on some nori, Blonde Naso in the background.

20130807_190609.jpg

The Blue Spot Jawfish moved to the west side of "town", got some pics of him peepin out of his hole. Bangai Cardinal photo bombed the first pic.

20130807_183318.jpg

20130807_192917.jpg

OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I got home yesterday to a dead blonde naso tang. :cry: I don't know what happened. He was eating good, swimming all over the place, wasn't being picked on, showed no signs of sickness. Lived 10 days and then POOF. *sigh*

OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water is perfect, frantically checked everything twice after the discovery.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back