TDS after new DI resin replacement

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

So I've been having a heck of a time with my RODI water. The unit is about 10-15 years old but still appears to be in really good shape (all seals and O-rings look brand new). After continuing to get 3-4 TDS from my unit i decided to replace all filters ( sediment, carbon, membrane, resin).

Everything looks good and I'm getting 8 TDS after the RO membrane stage. But then after the DI stage I'm getting 14 TDS. Also, id like to note the resin (Color changing blue mixed bed from BRS) smelled awful even before opening the sealed bag and still does have an odor to it even after running the unit for 8 hours (and still getting 14 TDS). Its packed in there as tight as I can get it and the cartridge is not upside down.

Any recommendations? How long does this need to be flushed for before I reach 0 TDS? Should it still have the fishy smell after 8 hours?

Thanks.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the new DI resin packed in there tight?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, just woke from a nap and didn't read entire post. That's all the thoughts I had.

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmm, never got a foul smelling bag of sealed di resin. Possibly had a small hole and picked up something. I would discard it and try a new cartridge full of resin.
Then, if you still have a TDS numbers problem, come back and we will all try to work it out.
as info, I only let my di run for a minute or two to rinse it, before I start watching in and out TDS numbers.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back