0   0   0
welcome r2r.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone my name is TeacherReef also known as Jayden I recently started a (SPS’s dominated 3 gallon) picoreef tank on 2/20/22. Initially when I first started the tank I was actually going after sought after corals such as rares also known as collector items. Due to some corals being expensive I Instead actually started to fall in love with SPS. (There still not cheap) As a 20 year old I actually learned a lot through my dad he is the guy who thought me about what it is like to own a huge massive 450-gallon reef he thought me the ins and outs, I have a certification in scuba diving because of him, and this is exactly why I started this hobby. I also have a minor in marine biology. and will be graduating this fall December , When I started this hobby if someone told me about three years ago that I was gonna be able to keep SPS I would laugh clearly because I actually have tried many times before and they would over night die. i’m excited to share my saying especially I can’t wait to see others thank you for having me in this competition. As always happy reefing! ✨ #tankupdate #tankchallenge #competition

PS. If you guys are wondering why I have a picture of a lot of an anemones to the lower bottom proportion of my photos the reason why is because I gave my friend a green bubble tip anemone and he’s actually going to be propagating it for my picoreef he is actually fragging it 4 times so I could have a baby The other three babies will be given to him as a gift just to help him start up his business because he has been such a great friend of mine. and I don't need four also the picture with the bigger reef tank is my dads we worked on it together

59579A3E-0F65-4E91-B69D-D4F38DA4FBED.jpeg B4736D34-694E-46C8-A531-6018A153A7B4.jpeg 841D6887-4326-41A4-8C76-CCF304A3FB9E.jpeg 81F1FE09-9B88-48EE-92F0-DF889C3ABB24.jpeg

Hi Jayden and Welcome! Glad you joined. Seems like you already have a lot of knowledge in addition to passion.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 84 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back