Teco TK 2000 Running and stopping

inktomi

ReefMan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I have a Teco TK 2000 that I've been using a while, and it's been working great. Recently, it started running briefly, then stopping, then running, then stopping. Watching it, it seems like though the overall tank is still warm, the chiller thinks it's done and has reached it's set point. It turns off, and then as the tank water runs through it the unit warms back up - and it turns back on. This continues until the unit goes into the continuous start-stop prevention mode (flashing green snowflake). Then it repeats.

The unit does still cool the aquarium, but it's clearly not working well.

I ran vinegar through it for 24 hours, no change. The pump does seem to be pushing water through, it doesn't seem clogged. I'm using a Sicce Syncra 1.5 which should pump around 350 GPH with no losses for the tubing. The Teco website says a flow rate between 159 and 211 GPH is good, so this pump should be maybe even a little too strong.

Any ideas? I've been manually turning it on and off to chill my tank - which isn't ideal.

OP
OP
inktomi

inktomi

ReefMan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I do hope so! I reached out, but thought I'd post here as well so that folks in the future can find the thread. When I hear back I'll update this for sure, but maybe someone has a trick in the meantime :)

OP
OP
inktomi

inktomi

ReefMan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teco thinks that the issue is low flow, so it has been off while I finish my manifold. I don’t want to spend money on a new pump for it (though the pump seemed ok when I last cleaned it) since it will be on my manifold. I hope to have that done in the next few days though.

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I have a Teco TK 2000 that I've been using a while, and it's been working great. Recently, it started running briefly, then stopping, then running, then stopping. Watching it, it seems like though the overall tank is still warm, the chiller thinks it's done and has reached it's set point. It turns off, and then as the tank water runs through it the unit warms back up - and it turns back on. This continues until the unit goes into the continuous start-stop prevention mode (flashing green snowflake). Then it repeats.

The unit does still cool the aquarium, but it's clearly not working well.

I ran vinegar through it for 24 hours, no change. The pump does seem to be pushing water through, it doesn't seem clogged. I'm using a Sicce Syncra 1.5 which should pump around 350 GPH with no losses for the tubing. The Teco website says a flow rate between 159 and 211 GPH is good, so this pump should be maybe even a little too strong.

Any ideas? I've been manually turning it on and off to chill my tank - which isn't ideal.
Sounds to he to be a pump or thermostat issue. Other than that how have you found it? What size aquarium are you running?

regards Darren

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back