Tectus conus appreciation thread

Chortanator

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
564
Reaction score
432
Location
Nova Scotia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this guy labelled as a "strawberry top snail", tectus conus. He's been with me since the very first day my tank was cycled, at least 3 years old but he was big when I got him so probably was older than that on the reef. Maybe he was mislabelled or he's uncommon in the hobby, but I would like to see if others have a snail like this? Pinky for scale

20220614_195350.jpg

20220614_195411.jpg
 
I have a trochus snail about 50% larger than that, and he's fully capable of reorganizing my rock work when it suits him.
I have a couple big mexican turbos, one of them is pushing around some of my base rock which is kind of scary :anxious-face-with-sweat:
 
I have a couple big mexican turbos, one of them is pushing around some of my base rock which is kind of scary :anxious-face-with-sweat:
I'd upload a picture but he's hidden in the back and then the marine betta is parked on top of him. :grinning-squinting-face:
 
I'd upload a picture but he's hidden in the back and then the marine betta is parked on top of him. :grinning-squinting-face:
Mine cozying up to the brittle star that probably murdered my yasha goby (maybe he was an accomplice to help with body disposal)

20220614_201414.jpg
 
Mine cozying up to the brittle star that probably murdered my yasha goby (maybe he was an accomplice to help with body disposal)
Brittlestars aren't really aggressive with healthy fish. More likely they were just called in for cleanup.

7bt3ai1koeg41.jpg
 
Brittlestars aren't really aggressive with healthy fish. More likely they were just called in for cleanup.

7bt3ai1koeg41.jpg
Yeah, except for my green brittlestar. He's a **** and he's in the sump now

But this pink one was just kinda hovering like a vulture
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new