Teeny tiny clear dots on glass

mdpitts

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Messages
470
Reaction score
422
Location
Austin, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks I’m wondering what this could be. I’ve noticed these tiny dots in the past 5 days or so on my front glass. It’s been hell trying to photograph them. There are a few diffent “colonies” and all are arranged in a cool feathery looking group.

My tank is a little over 2 years old. I’m just getting clear of a two month battle with Dino’s. I’m wondering if it is nassarius snail eggs, maybe Trochus eggs? I used to have zillions of brittle sea stars but the Dino’s got them.

Wondering if I should wipe them off or leave them. I’m not a big fan of tons of things in my tank that I didn’t invite in.

IMG_1993.jpeg
 
Cool! Good to know. Now that you mention it I think I saw my Trochus spawning a while back. It was fascinating.
It’s fun to watch happen!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new