Tek Light tune up

Reefer M4dness

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
5
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I have recently bought a complete tank set-up and in the deal we inherited a 36" 6 bulb Tek-Light. I have been pricing out the replacement cost of switching to a sleek looking LED bar but I don't think that throwing that kind of money away is practical (considering I have no idea what I'm doing yet). So that leaves me with what we have, which from what I understand is actually a decent light. I will be taking it down this weekend and cleaning it up nicely and getting all the salt creep off the shield but I would also like to replace the bulbs because I have no idea how old the current ones are.

I have read a number of the threads on here as well as other forums and I'm afraid that the information contained is a bit deep for me at this particular time. I am looking for a little advice as to what to buy in the way of replacement bulbs for my T5. We have a few nice zoas and a few miscellaneous LPS frags currently in the tank and would like to add more in the coming months. I am looking for a combination that makes the colors pop while giving us the chance to get good coral growth as well as something suitable for SPS in case we decide to dip our toe in that pool down the road. Our tank a 21" deep, 60Gal.

I realize that there is loads and loads of information on this specific topic available but its a bit overwhelming so I am looking for a bit of assistance, thanks in advance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new