Tell me about your bearded dragon (care and setup)

Artimusclyde1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All in all there are a lot of ways to keep these guys! But some super helpful key points that have been raised are. As babies you have a risk of impact ion from eating bedding so no bedding or a solid object is best as with water it is a risk so shallow bowl or no bowl ( keep in mind where they are from they do not require much water to function) handling is a must u see so many tame dragons but it’s not as simple as owning one be gentle be slow
And stay on top of proper diet they grow so fast when young that they can develop metabolic bone disease pretty quick it is reversible but not repairable as to say u can stop it but it won’t fix what it has done

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope to get a beardie again some day. Wife told me one or the other and I went reef lol
Man, she must be talking to my hubby. He says there is only so much time in a day...3 dogs, a cat, and a reef are apparently "my" limit! ;Hilarious:D

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue about a uromastyx but if it behaves like a beardie without the insects is go that route lol.

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue about a uromastyx but if it behaves like a beardie without the insects is go that route lol.
IME I find Uros slightly less chill than beardies, they just don't seem to sit as still for as long when you have them out. With that said I haven't had Uro's that were extensively worked with but beardies just seem better about that "out of the box".

Small price to pay if your not into crickets or roaches though and the different species come in some gorgeous colours- I'm a sucker for the orrnates!

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME I find Uros slightly less chill than beardies, they just don't seem to sit as still for as long when you have them out. With that said I haven't had Uro's that were extensively worked with but beardies just seem better about that "out of the box".

Small price to pay if your not into crickets or roaches though and the different species come in some gorgeous colours- I'm a sucker for the orrnates!
My daughters wanted to move around a little at first but now loves to sit and snuggle her. Just took a little handling just like a beardie.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% does

Yep it gets my vote. I like the colors better as well. No bugs to deal with is a huge positive. Dubias are better than crickets but still nasty imo. It's like unclogging a toilet with #1 vs #2

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, she must be talking to my hubby. He says there is only so much time in a day...3 dogs, a cat, and a reef are apparently "my" limit! ;Hilarious:D
Thats whats great about reptiles! between my 13 snakes and 2 lizards I spend a few hours a week looking after them, especially since most of them slow down in the winter! Just saying ;)

My 3 tarantulas take up maybe 10 minutes every month or two- far cry from my reef tank;Hilarious

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bearded dragons have the smelliest poop. I let my son have one in his room and honestly ive never smelled anything worse. It might be the worst smell I have ever smelled.

We put the animal up for adoption. Im sorry I cant fire up that pet, be ready to clean that stuff up daily, and clean the tank weekly or suffer the consequences.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back