Temp and power alerts

ahud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

is there a reliable product that will text or email when A) ambient room temp is outside of a set range and B) If power is out on a particular circuit or outlet?

trying to get some peace of mind when I go out of town.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

is there a reliable product that will text or email when A) ambient room temp is outside of a set range and B) If power is out on a particular circuit or outlet?

trying to get some peace of mind when I go out of town.
Varying smart home equipment will do it for issue A, look up wifi thermostat.

Issue B, most smart outlets will let you know if a outlet is offline, can work woth a tripped breaker, but you still need router/modem power to ping the smart outlet. Whole house outage, you wont know.

What are you trying to do?

This shows a offline outlet on my setup, it cant ping it due to not being in a outlet.

Screenshots_2022-05-15-15-16-33.png

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Ring security system. You'd have to pay the monthly fee, but it's nice because it offers home security and has backup battery and cellular built-in. You get notified when the power or wi-fi goes out ( and when someone tries to break in :p )

I didn't buy it FOR my fish tank, but it's a nice ancillary benefit. Inkbird works nice for temperature monitoring and control and is relatively inexpensive. I have the Wi-Fi version and it works well for me.

OP
OP
A

ahud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses. Ill check out ring for sure.

my tank is in an outbuilding. I wanted to keep an eye on the temp and power. As sometimes when I get home from work I dont make it out there.

for temp control, I have a mini split unit out there. Our spring/summers are hot, so its only ambient temp I have to worry about.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 58 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back