Temperature:Glass Cleaning

Gamma

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Messages
305
Reaction score
114
Location
Manchaca, Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had excessive algae on my glass for months...temperature has been steady at 75.
I love to have my windows open now when outside is in 70s but noticed that my glass is needing to be cleaned more often. I checked today and my tank temp has gone up to 77.

Does anyone think these are connected?
 
I would suspect more light from the windows hitting the tank than temperature, but I am no expert.

 
Very unlikely. Weather and open windows is similar in SW Florida. It's more likely other stuff like food going into the tank. But that's just my best guess.

I assume you are aware that 75 is near the low end of safe temperature for a mixed reef.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new