Temperature logging/display error

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My temperature looks very weird. As you can see in my build thread the temperature logged fine. It rose to 30°C when i touched it and cooled down exponentially afterwards, just as expected.

However, as I just looked, the temperature became very spiky.
This is due to wrong timescaling of values in a certain timewindow, he crams in values from 2 hours earlier. The time before and after is nice until 13:46. Then he crams in value from 11:46 onwards until 14:20 where everything resettles. Something similar happens in CPU/Mem as well after a CPU spike, but not exactly at the same time though.

I am not using an RTC module yet, however I did reboot the Pi for testing and it showed up on network after a bit of waiting. @Ranjib Is that expected behavior ? If so, why does Reef-Pi work with different times in the background than the ones it displays ?

Temp_Bug_1.png
Temp_Bug_2.png
Temp_Bug_3.png
Temp_Bug_4.png

OP
OP
S

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, let me answer my own problem ... I rebooted and everything returned to normal :grinning-face-with-sweat:

1 Boot after the build and 3 reboots where the second one screwed up the display and the last one that set everything right is not yet in the window.
Interestingly the CPU load seems to be lower now that I have the DS18B20 sensor connected and the camera disconnected.
Temp_Bug_5.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back