Temperature stability questions

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So I recently upgraded my return pump and added a skimmer to my tank which has noticeably increased the temp in my tank.

I do have an inkbird set at 78 and my pc fan turns on when it hits 79. but with the new return pump and skimmer the fan turns on 4-6 times (from almost never turning on before) a day and it drops the temperature 1.1f in less than 30 minutes and slowly raises back up in 3-4 hours.

My question is, is the amount it turns on too much and is the swing too fast at all? I’ve always heard peoples fans take hours to bring the temp back down. I’m worried multiple fast swings could be causing me problems but I’m not sure if it’s enough of a swing to worry about either.

one thing I could do is set the inkbird to 79 so the fan doesn’t have to fight the temp as much but I’d still have the less than 30 minute 1 degree swing.

let me know what you think.

thanks,
Al

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey everyone,

So I recently upgraded my return pump and added a skimmer to my tank which has noticeably increased the temp in my tank.

I do have an inkbird set at 78 and my pc fan turns on when it hits 79. but with the new return pump and skimmer the fan turns on 4-6 times (from almost never turning on before) a day and it drops the temperature 1.1f in less than 30 minutes and slowly raises back up in 3-4 hours.

My question is, is the amount it turns on too much and is the swing too fast at all? I’ve always heard peoples fans take hours to bring the temp back down. I’m worried multiple fast swings could be causing me problems but I’m not sure if it’s enough of a swing to worry about either.

one thing I could do is set the inkbird to 79 so the fan doesn’t have to fight the temp as much but I’d still have the less than 30 minute 1 degree swing.

let me know what you think.

thanks,
Al
Swings are likely gradually and within safe range

Upvote 0
Back