Tempered or non tempered glass?

shakeel.may03

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I'm working on 200G tank with sump and canopy will be on. Dimensions will be 6f L, 2f W, 2.5f H. I'm looking for 12mm glass. Need suggestions whether 12mm is suitable and should I use tempered or non tempered glass? Thanks :-)
 
Last edited:
where are you located, tempered is a lil more expensive but would give u an extra strength resistant before cracking also its shatter into pieces instead of big chunks.
 
Price won't be the issue I want it to be reliable. I've read alot of tempered glass but at the same time that it has higher chances to shatter because its edges are not strong enough. Confused
 
If you have it drilled before getting tempered I would go with tempered for the extra strength. If cost isnt an issue you might as well do it.
 
But how about the edges? Would edges be able to face a hit? Are the edges of tempered glass weaker than non tempered? If yes, do you still recommend to get it tempered?
 
That I dont know, but tanks are made with tempered glass all the time. If that were a problem I doubt they would be made very often.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new