Temporary holding setup

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so my wife and I are about to buy the house we have been living in. How ever there is a mold issue that has accrued. The owners have agreed to remove all the sheet rock that has been exposed to mold, so what is going to happen is. Sheet rock removed, then the house will be treated then new sheet rock put back up and retextured and painted. This process will take about 1-2 weeks.

So my plan for tank.
I have a insulated shed here with windows and such. Weather has been mild.
1 Rubbermaid 42 gal long type container
2 add sand for wrasses.
3 add some water from display
4 all live rock from display
5 heater
6 powerheads
7 fragrack for coral
8 1 light set to run 6 hours a day to reduce stress and give coral enough light.
9 reduce feeding to prevent ammonia issues

This is my plan. Looking for ways to insure its success.
Current tank 125
Malanarus wrasse
Checkerboard wrasse
Lepored wrasse
Small foxface
Med Kole tang
2 clowns
Midas Blenny
Assorted shrimp

Thinking of removing Kole tang while I have tank down, while I love this fish I don't think he is a good fit for the tank.

The tank will then be cleaned all sand removed and replaced with new sand except maybe a little for seeding.

What am I missing. I have access to a 60 gal stock tank a friend would lend me. I am thinking that might be better.

tgp4274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with the 60
otherwise sounds like you have a good handle on it
good luck :)

tgp4274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved everything into a kiddy pool (look at pic to left<<) when one of my seams let go on my tank and moved everything into the pool out in garage and then everything back into new tank once I got it built. took about three weeks
best of luck

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved everything into a kiddy pool (look at pic to left<<) when one of my seams let go on my tank and moved everything into the pool out in garage and then everything back into new tank once I got it built. took about three weeks
best of luck
Thanks. My shed isn't big enough for the kiddy pull. Did you run your skimmer? That's the only part I am unsure about.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 152 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back